Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kiss My Taxed Tookus

So I went to CVS to buy some pop, soup and other grocery items. I was privileged by the state of Illinois to pay a 9.75% tax, a 12.75% tax, and a 2.25% tax. One of these is a tax on things in plastic bottles--I think. I'd been avoiding it by not buying liters of pop, only cans. But I got the tax again. I think its because I bought some apple juice. I guess I can only buy frozen juice now? The taxes are already too high, and now there are three sales taxes. Glad to hear Quinn is planning on raising the taxes. That's the problem with people living in Chicago, they don't pay enough taxes. Lets have a 13% sales tax on everything and then assign additional taxes based on packaging, route of delivery, and, oh, I don't know. Let's fund a think tank to come up with more things to tax. Hey, you typing! Are being taxed for that internet? We should tax per letter. ---Ahhhh!

2 comments:

  1. I saw something about Daly being out yesterday on TV. I think it was on SNL. What happened? Was there an election, or did he get booted out? And who the hell is this Quinn guy? I'd heard some former senator was considering running for mayor of Chicago, but he didn't even live in Chicago, so I didn't know how that was going.

    It's so stupid that they tax plastic bottles. Those are recyclable! You can always come here where there's no food tax and only 8.1% on everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daley is not running for next term. This is a big deal since Daley has been Mayor since 1989. His father was Mayor from 1955-1976. This is a Daley city! His term ends May 2011. Quinn was appointed Governor when Blago was removed. The first thing Quinn did as Governor was raise taxes. Sadly, he was voted in this past November because the guy he was up against was portrayed as a bigot which of course doesn't suit Chicago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails