Sunday, May 16, 2010

Creative Carrying

This weekend I did too much shopping. I was actually lucky. There are several items I knew I wanted , but they only existed in my head. I have been internet searching for them for quite some time. I was lucky enough to find a hamper that met all my imaginary needs. When I arrived at the store to purchase it, I found that it was packaged in a HUGE square box. No handles, no humanly way to possibly carry this home without a car--that is in its current form. I asked an employee of the store if they could attach a box handle or wrap something around the bottom that I could hold onto at the top. This is what the creative employee of The Container Store came up with for me.

She tied bags together, wrapped them around the box, and created a handle at the top.

Disclaimer: No bags were thrown in the garbage as a result of this creation. They are being prepared for their second purpose. As well as the box. -Its the perfect size for safely storing large pictures.

Other winners in this purchase are the ferrets. The old mesh hamper that they have been so enjoying climbing and ripping is now solely theirs! Have at it ferrets! Have at it!

Another purchase -being delivered- is a chest/toy box for all the ferrets' toys. Now instead of a heap of toys in the corner of the living room, I can put everything in a fancy toy box they can play inside of or I can take some things out for them. Yay, for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails