Monday, May 31, 2010

Public Service Announcement: Can Toppers


Just wanted to give a little warning/review of these handy-dandy new pop can tops we've been seeing in infomercials and in stores.

I bought mine with great hopes. It proved to be easy enough to pop onto the top of the can. And is later simply removed by crushing the empty can causing it to pop off. I wanted this little beverage accessory for two purposes. 1. To take opened but unfinished cans of pop along with me in the cup holder of the stroller. Open cans/cups spill out from the bumping of the stroller. 2. To put unfinished pop cans into my purse to take home instead of having to throw out a half finished one.

The results are in.

1.The top works just fine for stroller travel and is easy to drink out of. I assume it would be successful in car cup holders as well. The caps are also nice to have when outside or at the parks to keep unwanted insects out.

2. Next I used it to carry a can of pop home in my purse. This resulted in everything getting soaked in my purse. It leaked out almost the entire can in just a few minutes. My credit cards and money were wet inside my wallet.

This is all my stuff drying. Everything was wet, even with my gloves and a magazine absorbing so much.

This is my poor purse hanging inside out to dry. Grrrr!

Final comments: Despite the disaster this product caused, I would recommend buying it. But use only for upright purposes. It functions as a cover, not a seal. Oh, yeah, and its not dishwasher safe. It melts. So I will be buying another the next time I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails